Helpful Docs to read before posting: (All Docs) | Config Docs | General FAQ | Mailing List Sending FAQ | Error FAQ

Moderation of non-subscribers doesn't work with Dada Bridge

How do I fix...

Moderation of non-subscribers doesn't work with Dada Bridge

Postby mercator » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:25 am

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of Dada Mail and have problems to get the moderation working. I've enabled the right settings (I hope!), which you can find attached to this post.

When I send an e-mail from an unsubscribed sender address, the moderation doesn't seems to work.
The mail arrives correctly via POP3, and is put in a file at this location: /home/username/.dada_files/.tmp/dada_bridge_received_msgs-listname.mbox
At the same time I receive an e-mail to the list-owner (with subject "Dada Mail Error - Not Allowed to Post On listname (original message attached)").

However I don't receive an moderation request nor does the unsubscribed address receives a notice of being moderated.
The moderation list http://mysite.com/cgi-bin/dada/plugins/dada_bridge.pl?flavor=awaiting_msgs displays nothing, except the default text:
List of Messages Still Awaiting Moderation:
Awaiting Message Index...

From what I can gather, the messages should be moved to the folder /home/username/.dada_files/.tmp/moderated_msgs, but this doesn't happen.

Can you help me further with this? If you need more information, please don't hesitate to ask...

Kind regards,
mercator
Attachments
dadabridge-settings.jpg
dadabridge-settings.jpg (194.65 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
Last edited by mercator on Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mercator

Re: Moderation doesn't work with Dada Bridge

Postby justin » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:11 pm

If the email address that's sending the message out to the list isn't subscribed to the list, then the message is going to be rejected outright. No moderation needed.
justin

Postby mercator » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:45 pm

I see. I've used Mailman in the past, and it's behavior is that is sends a moderation request, which has the possibility to add the e-mail address to the Authorized Senders list, or to just pass it along. And off course to reject the message.

I'm using Dada mail for a small private subscription list. The logic behind this is that sometimes when a subscribed user sends or replies to a message on this list, they sometimes select (willingly or by accident) another account in their e-mailclient.

Perhaps this can be feature request? So that there's an option to allow messages from unsubscribed email-addresses to go to the moderator queue?
mercator

Postby mercator » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:39 pm

Ok, Thanks for considering!
mercator

Re: Moderation of non-subscribers doesn't work with Dada Bri

Postby efc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:16 pm

I'd like to +1 this request. In an open discussion lists people from the outside world often post to the list before they join. These posts should be moderated, but they should be possible to allow onto the list.
efc

Return to Errors While Running Dada Mail