Helpful Docs to read before posting: (All Docs) | Config Docs | General FAQ | Mailing List Sending FAQ | Error FAQ

Dada Bridge always asking review for approval

Have a question about any of the Dada Mail plugins/extensions?

Dada Bridge always asking review for approval

Postby navid » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi,

I am a beginner with DadaMail and the software is very extensive with many fantastic options! After installing DadaMail, a small test proved that it works fine.

Then after following video instructions I installed the bridge plugin: I need a un-moderated discussion list where subscribees can send directly to all subscribers with no moderation.

Unfortunately, I tried few times changing options and everytime I get the "Your message to XXX awaits moderator approval", I don't understand:
- in the "Discussion List Options" the option "Make this list a discussion list " is clicked
- in the "List Moderation Options" the option "Use Moderation" is NOT clicked

I am using Dada Mail version 4.3.1 Stable 12/23/10 and hope you can help.

Thanks
Navid
navid

Re: Dada Bridge always asking review for approval

Postby justin » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:24 pm

Unfortunately, I tried few times changing options and everytime I get the "Your message to XXX awaits moderator approval", I don't understand:

What's the exact message that you get?
justin

Postby navid » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:48 pm

The e-mail subject is "Your message to Test(list name) awaits moderator approval"
and the the text starts
Your mail to 'Test' (list name) with the subject

cosa succede ora? (the subject I wrote)

Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.

The reason it is being held:

Post by non-member to a members-only list

Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive notification of the moderator's decision. If you would like to cancel this posting, please visit the following URL:

any idea?
Thanks
navid

Postby justin » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:12 pm

This is really strange - have you edited the Dada Bridge plugin and change the moderation messages? These aren't, by default, how they're worded. If you haven't done any editing, I wonder if you're actually using a different program.

Are you sure your mailing list isn't hooked up to Mailman?
justin

Postby navid » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:56 am

Well... my site is a linux hosting on bluehost.com and installaed the software via cPanel and SimpleScript. I haven't done any editing.

For the installation I followed the video guide at http://dadamailproject.com/support/docu ... ge.pl.html and according to my main page it's "Powered by Dada Mail 4.3.1 Stable 12/23/10".

Should I re-install DadaMail without SimpleScript?
I used to install Wordpress and all was fine, it's a big help with all database e password stuff.

PS If you don't mind, I ask you one more question. I need to create several non-moderated discussion lists (any subscriber can send to his list) and Bridge looks the right extension.
Then I need a controll panel to associate name and last name (even more details if possible) to every subscriber and see from the panel to what discussion-list each e-mail is subscribed.
Last feature (it shouldn't be a problem), I need different "moderators" take care of their own discussion list possibly from the controll panel limited to their own list.
Can I do it? What is/are the right plugin?

Please, advice me :-)

Thanks a lot for your help
Navid
navid

Return to Questions