Dada Mail v5.0.3 Released
Hello Everyone, v5.0.3 has been released:
Here's the changelog,
This release contains primarily bugfixes found in the v5.0.2 release of Dada Mail. Many of the issues fix deal with Discussion Mailing Lists
If upgrading from v5.0.0 - v5.0.2, you will not need to create a new config file.
- Small List, Admin Template Changes
The, following meta tag was added to the List and Admin templates:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
This is to help Internet Explorer for Windows use the latest HTML/css fancy features.
- Tracker: Subscriber Count Checks
It's been found that if you do not have, Enable Subscriber Count Logging checked in the Tracker plugin, no logs will be reported for your mass mailings. Because of this, this feature has been removed, but will be constantly enabled - so, one less thing to worry about.
There's also been an issue revealed that if a mass mailing is created, but for whatever reason, fails to send out automatically, this type of tracking is never done, thus again, breaking the Tracker reports for your mass mailing. The reason for a mass mailing being created, but not sent right away remains a mystery and does not happen every time a mass mailing is created, only a minority of the time, for some installations.
A check has been put in place to look for this type of tracking information and, if not found, the "Number of Subscribers" tracking information will be put into the Tracker logs, without any further manual intervention.
- Can't call method "agent" on an undefined value " when fetching a webpage
This error will happen to some, when they try using the Send a Webpage screen or use a URL for a list template. This error cropped up when attempting to fix issue #267 (https://github.com/justingit/dada-mail/issues/267)
- Tracker: Disabling, "Enable Subscriber Count Logging" basically breaks Tracker reports
The problem here is that if you disable counting the number of subscribers you have, when you do a mass mailing, you basically disable tracking that message, since the tracker is looking for the entry about the #subs you have, when creating its report table. Because of this, this type of tracking will always be enabled.
- Discussion Lists may send List Invites without template tags parsed
This problem happens with discussion lists (and shouldn't affect any other type of mailing list) - you'll see that your invitations go to your invitees, without the template tags parsed.
- "Welcome", "Farewell" mass email message not templated out for discussion lists
Similar to issue#282, these messages are sent out, without being templated out.
- Can't access 'redirect' field in object of class DADA::App::Subscriptions at mail.cgi line 6733
- This mailing list is a public mailing list - anyone may join or leave, at any time.
- This mailing list is a group discussion list (unmoderated)
Start a new thread, email: email@example.com
This mailing list is to discuss the nerdy programming development of Dada Mail -
If you are just looking for support Dada Mail, consult the message boards at:
To post to this list, send a message to:
All subscribers of this list may post to the list itself.
Some on topic... topics include:
- Positive Crits on the program (I like, "x", but, "y" needs some work - here's an idea on how to make this better...)
- Bug/Error reports
- Bug fixes
- Request For Comments on any changes to the program
- Help customizing Dada Mail for your own internal needs
- Language Translations
- Support Documentation/Doc editing, FAQ's, etc.
- Discussion of any changes that you would like to be committed to the next version of Dada Mail -
At the moment, there aren't many people with CVS access for Dada Mail - if you would like CVS access, please first talk about the changes you propose and how it will affect the program. If the idea is sound and agreed upon, the change will be comitted. A good track record of this will allow you to have CVS access. Some reasons that patches will not be accepted is if the patch breaks compatibility with a previous version of the program, the patch is too centric to your own problem or the patch simply isn't very good.
Please, please please familiarize yourself with the documentation at:
Since no one wants to answer the same question twice.
Another sneaky reason for this mailing list is to test out the discussion list capabilities of Dada Mail, since Dada Mail is used for the mailing list itself.
NOTE - because of this, there may be times that this list will be somewhat broken. Although we're not planning on breaking the program by using it, we're giving you the heads up that this may well happen anyways.
Email addresses used for this mailing list are used only for this mailing list and are not sold or transfered. You will not be subscribed to any other lists on this site as well.