I thought I had solved this problem on my own.
The non-profit that wants to use DADA mail does not have their email hosted on the server that DADA is own.
However, they have a similar domain that is.
Using that address I was able to get a test email sent to that address but only after not using the advanced option to change the from address to the original domain.
However, when I sent an email from the list it rejected the email to the primary domain.
I tried the advanced option of setting specific settings for domains.
That still not allow the email to go to the primary domain.
I also tried it with sendmail and had the same problem.