Helpful Docs to read before posting: (All Docs) | Config Docs | General FAQ | Mailing List Sending FAQ | Error FAQ

¿Where can I translate these texts?

How do I configure...

¿Where can I translate these texts?

Postby malmazano » Sat May 05, 2012 11:57 pm

I have not been able to find these:

Subscribe to a Mailing List

Last Message

More...

This mailing list is announce-only

< <Previous

Archive Index

Next >>

Sent

Available Mailing Lists

Warning!
malmazano

Re: ¿Where can I translate these texts?

Postby encho » Thu May 17, 2012 6:34 am

Same here, if I want to translate all of the dadamail, where should I go?

I updated all the email/html/mail list templates, but some parts are hidden inside the code I guess, like unsubscription message which can be edited only for emails, but not for html:

You're not subscribed!

Your email address,

xx@gmail.com
is not subscribed to:

yy Mail List
This may be because:

You've successfully unsubscribed to this list in the past.
You clicked the unsubscription confirmation link that was mailed to you, twice.
The list owner has already unsubscribed your email address.
If you would like to unsubscribe from a different mailing list, please visit the yy Mail List main screen , which will have a list of all available lists.

If you want to subscribe to this list instead, please visit this list's main screen .

If you would like to receive more assistance, please email the list owner with your problem.
encho

Postby encho » Thu May 17, 2012 7:17 am

To answer myself: all the templates are in DADA/Template/templates, including css and images. It is not recommended to edit them directly, because you may lose the changes when upgrading, but rather copy all the files you need (or all of them) to .dada_files/.templates and edit them there.

Hope that helps.
encho

Postby malmazano » Thu May 17, 2012 8:53 am

encho wrote: but rather copy all the files you need (or all of them) to .dada_files/.templates and edit them there

I had not realised that (I was editing the original files), so thanks for the info.

Any news on the missing texts? It's disappointing that the situation persists throughout the years. I'm referring to the very relevant texts that cannot be easily translated, but it this point I would have expected language files where one does not need to worry about changes in the official templates that may not be reflected on translated templates.

¡Justin, there's a big world full of languages out there!
malmazano

Postby justin » Thu May 17, 2012 10:06 am

but it this point I would have expected language files where one does not need to worry about changes in the official templates that may not be reflected on translated templates.

¡Justin, there's a big world full of languages out there!

I understand your irritation, but please understand I don't have an unlimited amount of time in the day. Putting pressure on me like this to put in features in Dada Mail doesn't help anyone. There's lots of better ways, like suggesting ( https://github.com/justingit/dada-mail/wiki/WishList ) a feature (and working on some of the details - perhaps more than, "use language files!"), commissioning a feature, or putting the feature in yourself. Dada Mail isn't standing still - I put many, many hours of work in it, a day. The feature you're asking for is BIG, will break a lot of backwards compat. and may be larger than I can take on, without support financially.

Looks like the text you're looking for is in the, "make_nav_table" in the dada/DADA/MailingList
/Archives.pm file -

https://github.com/justingit/dada-mail/ ... es.pm#L602

Is it weird it's embedded HTML in the Perl code? Yeah, that's really, really strange. It's also one of the few instances that that's the case - If you do look in the, dada/DADA/Template/templates directory, there's literally hundreds of files. It was a big job to move that text out of the program and there's still a few little bits still in there.

If you want, I can file an issue about it, and work on it, for the next release. You'll know it's fixed, as it will be mentioned in the changelog.
justin

Postby justin » Thu May 17, 2012 10:09 am

I updated all the email/html/mail list templates, but some parts are hidden inside the code I guess, like unsubscription message which can be edited only for emails, but not for html:

This is in a template, error_not_subscribed_screen.tmpl

https://github.com/justingit/dada-mail/ ... creen.tmpl
justin

Postby malmazano » Thu May 17, 2012 10:20 am

I'm sorry Justin, but I've been fighting translations since v2, so there's several major versions that have happened since.

Since you have done a French translation, it should be obvious that basic texts are still not in templates.

I'm sorry, but it just seems too US centric for v5 software that is charged for.
malmazano

Postby justin » Thu May 17, 2012 10:30 am

I'm sorry Justin, but I've been fighting translations since v2, so there's several major versions that have happened since.

Well, would help with fundraising to re-write Dada Mail to work in different languages?

Since you have done a French translation, it should be obvious that basic texts are still not in templates.

I did not do the French translation, it was provided by a user.

If you do a translation, I'll be happy to put it up, for others to use.

I'm sorry, but it just seems too US centric for v5 software that is charged for.

Well, I'm still one person, that works very hard on the project. I could use some help!
justin

Postby justin » Thu May 17, 2012 10:45 am

Here's the issue for the Previous/Next HTML that's embedded in the Perl code:

https://github.com/justingit/dada-mail/issues/293
justin

Postby encho » Fri May 18, 2012 3:29 am

justin wrote:

This is in a template, error_not_subscribed_screen.tmpl

https://github.com/justingit/dada-mail/ ... creen.tmpl

Yes, I've realized that, take a look at my second post in this thread. Just for you to know we all appreciate the work you're doing, so much that I've purchased Dada Pro, although I don't mind having advertisements.
encho

Next

Return to Configuring Dada Mail