Re: GDPR Issues
Update on GDPR stuff:
- Adding explicit consents per-list is now supported in Dada Mail at time of sign up.
Any subscription requests will be recorded, along with what the user has consented to, and a ton of metadata like date/time, ip, request url - that kinda stuff.
Both of these can be update (but really shouldn't all that much) and all consents/privacy policies will be saved to be able to be looked up at a later date, if needed.
- Privacy Policies are versioned as well, so that previous privacy policies can be looked up at a later date, just in case.
- Migration plugin: I've put together a plugin that pulls data from the usage log as well, so the recording of subscription activity can be back-filled a bit to have some sort of history pre-GDPR Day 0.
- Reporting all this activity work has started, but it's a bit rough. The backend is set up well though, so there's a ton of relevant data that can be easily pulled out.
- This is all work in case you want Dada Mail to handle all the GDPR-required stuff of tracking the history of consent and all that. If you have a different workflow, say, using Dada Mail just to send stuff out, it shouldn't be impacted much at all.
So things are looking good. Lot more things to work on, but I'd like to get some sort of release out, soon. Can you say, "Version 11"?!
- This mailing list is a public mailing list - anyone may join or leave, at any time.
- This mailing list is a group discussion list (unmoderated)
Start a new thread, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This mailing list is to discuss the nerdy programming development of Dada Mail -
If you are just looking for support Dada Mail, consult the message boards at:
To post to this list, send a message to:
All subscribers of this list may post to the list itself.
Some on topic... topics include:
- Positive Crits on the program (I like, "x", but, "y" needs some work - here's an idea on how to make this better...)
- Bug/Error reports
- Bug fixes
- Request For Comments on any changes to the program
- Help customizing Dada Mail for your own internal needs
- Language Translations
- Support Documentation/Doc editing, FAQ's, etc.
- Discussion of any changes that you would like to be committed to the next version of Dada Mail -
At the moment, there aren't many people with CVS access for Dada Mail - if you would like CVS access, please first talk about the changes you propose and how it will affect the program. If the idea is sound and agreed upon, the change will be comitted. A good track record of this will allow you to have CVS access. Some reasons that patches will not be accepted is if the patch breaks compatibility with a previous version of the program, the patch is too centric to your own problem or the patch simply isn't very good.
Please, please please familiarize yourself with the documentation at:
Since no one wants to answer the same question twice.
Another sneaky reason for this mailing list is to test out the discussion list capabilities of Dada Mail, since Dada Mail is used for the mailing list itself.
NOTE - because of this, there may be times that this list will be somewhat broken. Although we're not planning on breaking the program by using it, we're giving you the heads up that this may well happen anyways.
Email addresses collection through this mailing list are used explicitly to work within this email discussion list.
We only collect email addresses through our Closed-Loop Opt-In system.
We don't use your email address for any other purpose.
We won't be sharing your email address with any other entity.
Unsubscription can be done at any time. Please contact us at: email@example.com for any help regarding your subscription, including removal from the mailing list.
All mailing list messages sent from us will include a subscription removal link, which will allow you to remove yourself from this mailing list automatically, and permanently.
All consent to use your email address for any other purpose stated at the time of the mailing list subscription will also be revoked upon mailing list removal.